Scott T. Spear
Mr. Spear represents several technology firms with national operations as well as App developers and start – ups. He has represented franchisers in franchise offerings and regulatory matters as well as franchisees. He has also provided counsel to a variety of non-profit organizations, including schools and churches. He also has experience in school and church construction and bond financing.
Mr. Spear has represented municipal clients in various aspects of land use and planning matters, labor negotiations, arbitrations and grievances.
He is a member of the Rhode Island and Massachusetts Bar Associations. He was the elected Town Moderator for the Town of Scituate, R.I. for ten years (1990-1999). In 2000, the Rhode Island Bar Association honored him for his long-time service as a director and legal advisor to Rhode Island Meals on Wheels Inc. (1994-present) by designating him as the recipient of their annual community service award. Mr. Spear is a Fellow of the Rhode Island Bar Foundation.
Mr. Spear was awarded the “AV Preeminent Rating” by Martindale – Hubbell Peer Review Ratings. The AV Rating is the highest possible rating given by LexisNexis Martindale – Hubbell Peer Review for a lawyer and is established wholly on a peer – review basis. The AV Preeminent designation signifies that Mr. Spear has been rated by his fellow attorneys as having the highest possible rating for legal abilities and ethical standards.
He is a cum laude graduate of Albion College and received his law degree from Suffolk University Law School.
Areas of Practice
- Business Planning and Transactions
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate
- Land Use & Zoning
- Estate Planning
- Municipal Law
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Law Degree
- Law Review: Suffolk Transnational Law Review
- Albion College
- Honors: cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the annual community service award in recognition of outstanding service to Rhode Island Meals on Wheels, Inc, Rhode Island Bar Association, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Foundation, Fellow