At the law firm of Blish & Cavanagh, LLP in Providence, Rhode Island, we have considerable experience with all aspects of employment law. Our lawyers represent employers and employees in the public and private sectors, advising our clients on issues relating to the:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII, including race discrimination, sex discrimination and sexual harassment
- Fair Employment Practices Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Personnel policies and employment handbooks
- Collective bargaining
- Interest and grievance arbitrations
- Employment contracts, including noncompete, confidentiality and severance agreements
- Layoffs, terminations and unemployment compensation claims
Employment law is a complex area of law and it is crucial to resolve these issues in your favor as efficiently as possible to minimize damage. Our team of attorneys not only has experience with these issues, they are litigators who will take cases as far as necessary to achieve a favorable outcome, including fighting discrimination claims.
Where We Practice
Our firm can also represent your interests before the Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, and the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). We also represent our clients in arbitration and litigation in trial courts and U.S. District Courts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit.
Taking Action Now Is The Prudent Course
When left to fester, discrimination claims, harassment claims and wrongful termination claims can become extremely difficult to resolve, costing you time and money. Our Providence employment law attorneys can help you get in front of these issues and minimize the damage. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.